We're a place where great ideas are shaping things to come. With SETsquared, the global No.1 university incubator developing the entrepreneurs of tomorrow right here and access to thousands of high-tech companies within the M3 sci-tech corridor - digital-tech is our future.
Our competitive advantage:
- Access to six universities provides a wealth of emerging talent.
- A healthy mix of homegrown businesses and multi-nationals, from hardware distributors and software developers, to digital storage and trust & security firms are already here, employing 5,300 people.
- Vital support available for for high-tech start-ups through the SETsquared partnership, the global No.1 university business incubator and enterprise collaboration between Bath, Bristol, Exeter, Southampton and Surrey universities. Basingstoke lies at the centre of all five.
- Supporting the development of the next generation 5G - our 5G emulator is helping companies to test new technologies and products against 5G.
- Home to the Google Developer Group for Surrey and Hampshire.
- With a high concentration and growth rate of digital businesses Basingstoke has been identified as an important location for the UK's creative sector.
"As we have grown, we've considered other locations such as Reading and Slough but found that retention of our staff - 35% drawn from the Basingstoke talent pool - made Basingstoke the right choice for us."
- Adare International Limited
- Barracuda Networks
- Centerprise International Ltd
- Exertis Hammer PLC
- Hitachi Europe Ltd
- Kofax London Holdings Ltd
- NewVoice Media Limited
- Novatel Wireless (UK) Ltd
- Tech Data Limited
Regarded nationally and internationally as a desirable place to do business, there's a real energy here that comes from such a dynamic business community.
Latest figures show Basingstoke is the place to do business
Basingstoke and Deane continues to demonstrate it is a workplace winner, following the release of the latest office take-up figures.
All UK employers with a PAYE scheme will be able to access support to continue paying part of their employeesâ€™ salary for those that would otherwise have been laid off during this crisis. Find out more about the #Coronavirus Job Retention scheme here: https://t.co/rEQdMAx1Ei pic.twitter.com/JmUzM1CMpO