We understand healthcare and pharma companies have a very specific set of factors at the heart of location decisions, with skills base and spirit of innovation lying at their heart.
We’re home to some of the world’s leading companies in pharmaceuticals and life sciences, as well as pioneering healthcare.
Our competitive advantage:
- Our robust economy and solid foundation of growth offers a risk-free location for your UK headquarters or local operations.
- Strong workforce. The sector employs over 7800 people with access to an excellent supply of graduates studying courses related to pharmaceuticals, life sciences and healthcare.
- Innovative edge. We're home to the North Hampshire Hospital and the NHS North Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group, pioneers of leading-edge cancer treatment.
- BioMerieux UK Ltd
- CareFusion UK Ltd
- Crescent Pharma Limited
- Eli Lily and Company Limited
- Genus Plc
- Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
- Sumitiomom (SH) Cyrogenics of Europe Limited
- Oxoid (Thermo Scientific)
- Vishay measurements Group UK Ltd
Basingstoke is a great place for businesses to locate. There are excellent transport links, a strong skills base and supportive local infrastructure. For families it has good schools, excellent health care facilities including a Foundation Trust status hospital.
Thinking big or small? We have offices that can work for you - from HQ buildings to start-up office space.
UL announces major expansion
UL has significantly expanded its capabilities in Basingstoke, making it one of the largest commercial EMC and Wireless test facilities in the United Kingdom, and bringing with it new job opportunities in engineering, sales, marketing, finance and HR.