Engineering and manufacturing provide a cornerstone for both traditional and future-oriented sectors, ranging from construction and manufacturing to aerospace, defence, life sciences and ICT. We’re home to some great local success stories like LG Motion and Blatchford, through to global giants like ENI.
Our competitive advantage:
- A robust economy. A solid foundation of growth offers a risk-free location for your UK engineering and manufacturing operations .
- Transport links. Great road and rail links make the Basingstoke easily accessible for supply and distribution
- Land bank. Available, affordable land and lots of it.
- A dynamic council with redevelopment and regeneration at the forefront of our policy.
"Manufacturing cheaply abroad has its place but not in in our business, where reputation is everything. By keeping things local it means we can work closely with the suppliers that are already here, making business transactions smoother."
Who's here already
- De La Rue Plc
- Exelis Defence Ltd
- Gordian Strapping Limited
- Honeywell Avionics Systems Ltd
- Independent Ductwork Ltd
- LG Motion (case study)
- Luxonic Lighting Plc
- Metso Automation Ltd
- Middlesex Aerospace Ltd
- Oventrop UK Ltd
- Premier Stationery Ltd
- Urbis Schreder Ltd
- Vectair Systems Ltd
UL announces major expansion
UL has significantly expanded its capabilities in Basingstoke, making it one of the largest commercial EMC and Wireless test facilities in the United Kingdom, and bringing with it new job opportunities in engineering, sales, marketing, finance and HR.
LG Motion acquire Dorset ultrasound firm
Great news for LG Motion with their recent acquisition of ultrasonic measurement equipment manufacturer Precision Acoustics Ltd. This excellent addition for LG Motion will firmly strengthen their position as a market leader in the production of acoustic scanning tanks and motion technology.
Network Rail's state of the art campus
Construction is well underway for the new state-of-the-art Network Rail regional control and training centre, situated at the north east corner of Basing View. Completion is due for early 2015.